ABOUT DARTFORD BIG LOCAL
The four programme outcomes for Big Local are:
– Communities will be better able to identify local needs and take action in response to them.
– People will have increased skills and confidence, so that they continue to identify and respond to needs in the future.
– The community will make a difference to the needs it prioritises.
– People will feel that their area is an even better place to live.
What’s it not about?
– It’s NOT about your local authority, the government or a national organisation telling you what to do.
– It’s NOT about individual groups fixing their favorite problem without talking to a wide range of different people who live and work in the community.
– It’s NOT about short-term thinking – you’ve got 10 years or more to plan and deliver the best options for your area.
For more information on the national programme visit localtrust.org.uk
In the Summer of 2017 many of you would have met Sophie Price, a resident and part of the Partnership.
Sophie was gathering input from as many Dartford residents, organisations and businesses as was humanly possible. All this was in order to develop a plan for Dartford Big Local that is 100% community driven.
We hope you enjoy reading it, find it echos your thoughts and feelings about how to make a better, brighter Dartford and gives you inspiration to get involved. Whether that’s large or small, it all makes a difference.